The planning process brings together all members of the community to learn, listen, and collaborate with one another in order to create a clear and consistent community-wide vision. The final plan document is a reflection of that effort and serves as a roadmap to guide decision-making toward objectives identified during the planning process.
The primary objectives of the City of Auburn Comprehensive Plan are to:
- Create a unifying vision for future growth and development;
- Fulfill the State of Indiana’s comprehensive plan requirements,
- Work toward the standards in AARP’s Livable Communities Index;
- Engage diverse segments of the population in meaningful ways;
- Establish clear guidance for decision makers;
- Development implementation strategies; and
- Develop a user-friendly, functional document.